Website Kindred Healthcare
You want to work in a healthcare setting where you are valued and appreciated – where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients/residents you treat. You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare. Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
About the Opportunity:
Manages the referral inquiry and admission process and provides customers with facility-related information via phone conversations and follow-up. Coordinates and facilitiates on-site assessments and referral to admission conversions.
- Responds to inquiry calls from hospital discharge planners, families, facilities, and other referral sources. Manages the admission process by maintaining updated bed availability and facility services information at all times. Manages the inquiry process professionally, timely and with appropriate follow-up. Effectively manages occupancy levels and census/premium mix enhancement. Must be able to multi-task.
- Develops and maintains relationships to advise referral sources of bed availability and new product and services. And efficiently meets and daily needs of the community at large. Maintains current database of existing and potential referral sources.
- Alerts appropriate department heads and building staff of projected changes, i.e. admissions, bed changes, and discharges, via phone, to discuss forthcoming changes. Utilizes bed management principles. Maintains a close working relationship with the Director of Nursing (DNS) and the Business Office Manager (BOM) to assure appropriate and efficient decisions about prospective admissions. Recommends admission decisions to facility management. When admissions determinations are made, communicates with facility staff to initiate appropriate room and bed selection.
- Communicates special needs of new admits to staff to ensure a smooth transition. Ensures daily that referral sources and admissions data are entered into the automated referral system.
- Manages multiple inquiries and presents referral to appropriate facilities based on location and services provided.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Federal and State regulations and reimbursement guidelines (Medicare and Medicaid). Verifies managed care referrals and negotiates initial rate and communicates to facility.
- Coordinates on-site assessments as needed and promotes 1, 2, 3, Admit process and follows denial protocol.
- Keeps all patient information confidential.
- Manages multiple tasks and prioritizes accordingly.
- Monitors and evaluates customer satisfaction. Audiences might include referral sources, new admissions, post-discharges, current residents and families (via Corporate Family Survey), community sources and inquires that were unable to admit. Shares results with the management team, PI committee, and others as appropriate to develop action plans, as needed.
- Daily follow-up on all active and pending inquiries.
- Investigates and resolves problems as they come up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Effective presentation skills preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, reimbursement program from different payor sources.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, Medicare and Medicaid regulations as it pertains to eligibility and reimbursement.
- Computer skills at a level to accomplish the job.
- Must have proved skills in working independently, self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Must relate professionally to all Kindred associates.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with multiple and varied people and organizations.
- Demonstrate self-confidence.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as admission responsibilities may dictate.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with our without reasonable accommodations.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Service Excellence Requirements:
- Work efforts reflect a passion for exceeding customer expectations.
- Solicits patient/resident feedback to understand their needs and the needs of the community. Advocates for Service Excellence within the Center and influences others to take action.
- Displays responsibility by taking ownership of quality care. Shows dedication to enriching the lives of our patients and residents through empathy and compassion.
- Exhibits a commitment to results by looking for and recommending/implementing process improvements.
- Demonstrates commitment to interpersonal excellence through professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, common courtesy, a professional attitude and appearance.
- Enriches the Center culture by having fun.
- Recognizes the benefits of team collaboration. Shows respect for fellow employees by working together to get the job done.
- Effectively addresses customer concerns and resolves conflict in a manner that is fair to all.
Associate and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Communications field preferred.
- Two (2) years equivalent experience in a sales/marketing position or Admissions Coordinator position in lieu of degree.
- Previous healthcare community relation’s experience preferred.
- LPN Preferred
- Strong computer skills preferred